The nShield Edge is a full-featured, portable HSM designed for low-volume transaction environments. This USB-connected device delivers capabilities for encryption and key protection, and is ideally suited for off-line key generation for certificate authorities (CAs) as well as development environments.
Ideal for low-volume transaction environments. Suits off-line key generation and development environments, while delivering complete algorithm and API support.
Highly portable. Small, lightweight design with convenient USB interface supports a wide variety of host platforms, including laptops and other portable devices.
Cost effective. The most economical HSM in the nShield family, nShield Edge gives you an entry-point HSM, while letting you scale your environment with other nShield models as needed.
Certified hardware solutions
Thales e-Security has earned a broad set of certifications for nShield products. These certifications help our customers to demonstrate compliance while also giving them the assurance that their nShield HSMs meet stringent industry standards.
nShield Edge HSMs are certified to FIPS 140-2 Level 2 and Level 3.
- UL, CE, FCC, C-TICK, Canada ICES
- RoHS2, WEEE
Wide support for APIs and cryptographic algorithms
- PKCS#11, OpenSSL, Java (JCE), Microsoft CAPI and CNG
- Asymmetric public key algorithms: RSA, Diffie-Hellman, ECMQV, DSA, KCDSA, ECDSA, ECDH
- Symmetric algorithms: AES, AES-GCM, ARIA, Camellia, CAST, RIPEMD160 HMAC, SEED, Triple DES
- Hash/message digest: SHA-1, SHA-2 (224, 256, 384, 512 bit), HAS-160
- Full Suite B implementation with fully licensed ECC, including Brainpool and custom curves
nShield HSMs offers the majority of these cryptographic algorithms as part of the standard feature set. For organizations wishing to use ECC or South Korean algorithms, optional activation licenses are needed.
- Windows and Linux